MP0052: Sales Manager – Dubai Lynx
About Dubai Lynx
Dubai Lynx is the leading Festival of Creativity for the MENA region. It was established 12 years ago as a joint venture with Motivate Publishing and Lions Festivals. The event takes place in March every year.
About Lions Festivals
Inspiring creativity: that’s what the Lions Festivals are all about. Here delegates celebrate the greatest work in global brand communications, learn from world-class speakers, discover the best of the best, and forge powerful alliances, relationships and friendships. It is a place where global creative industries find the inspiration to do even greater things.
Key Purpose: To work with the Dubai Lynx Festival Director to increase sales and target growth areas across the MENA region, particularly focussing on developing new business outside the UAE.
The Regional Sales Manager will work across all products associated with Dubai Lynx, including event sponsorship and delegate sales, and in addition will take ownership of three magazine publications advertising sales: The Festival Programme, The Winners Guide, and The MENA Showcase.
Targeted delegate sales to countries outside the UAE
Duplicate trophy sales
Assist the Festival Director in growing new sponsorship revenue, particularly from countries outside the UAE.
- Maintain and develop new relationships with key customers in person and via telephone calls and emails
- Negotiate the terms of an agreement and close sales
- Gather market and customer information
- Represent the organisation at trade exhibitions and events
- Create detailed proposal documents
- Gain a clear understanding of customers’ businesses and requirements
- Develop a repeatable sales model that ensures consistent success and revenue growth
- Devise creative, out-of-the-box ideas and implement them
- Be responsible for meeting deadlines
- Liaise with the Festival Director to ensure all markets and accounts are covered
- Fulfil contracts sold
- Form relationships, and develop and maintain them with: the Cannes Lions team in London and the Motivate team in Dubai
- Embody the spirit of the Lynx, and inspire those working for it or involved in it
- Build, manage and develop relationships with the creative community in the MENA region
- Manage temporary staff as required
Qualifications & Experience
- A self-starter
- Worked in a fast-paced environment, and has previously sold event sponsorship, preferably within the media industry.
- 3-5 years of sales experience
- Ideally will have worked on large-scale events or at least have knowledge of the events industry
- Languages: Fluent written and spoken English essential; Arabic is not essential but preferable
- Willing to travel regularly
- Microsoft Outlook
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Self-motivated and takes responsibility for deliverables
- Good team player; knows how to navigate the organisation
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Organised and methodical in thinking
- Confidence to challenge and lead on occasions
- Willing to take on other tasks during festivals
- Networking – relationship-building