MP0037: Events Administrator: 6 month Contract: October 2017 – April 2018
Dubai Lynx International Festival of Creativity is recruiting for an Events Administrator. Sister festival to the world renowned Cannes Lions, the festival has been running in Dubai for eleven years and is the leading festival and awards for the advertising communications industry. Well respected and hugely credible, the festival and awards attracts over 4,500 attendees.
The festival is a joint venture between Cannes Lions and Motivate Publishing and the role is based in Dubai, so it is a pre requisite for the candidate to be residing in Dubai already.
This role supports the activity of the Dubai Lynx team and you will work very closely with the Event Manager in ensuring the deliverables of the Festival are met to the highest possible standard.
The Events Administrator will be expected to take responsibility for certain elements of planning such as:
- Dealing with telephone, web and email enquiries;
- Drafting letters to delegates/entrants and clients;
- Managing Visa Applications, Speaker License Applications and other important event tasks;
- Certain elements of the job requires time on the telephone doing data research and telesales. This will include contacting previous or new entrants and delegates;
- Assistance with logistics and operations pre, during and after the festival;
- Proactively dealing with any tasks that may arise.
- A proactive and adaptable candidate with excellent admin and communication skills is a must!
- A clear, professional and confident telephone manner with experience in dealing with customers;
- Exceptional organizational skills – with attention to detail;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office– the role requires maintaining well organized spreadsheets and documents;
- Good command of English – both verbal and written.
- Ability to plan your own work, work on your own initiatives and prioritize to meet deadlines;
- A quick learner who has the ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work well in a team;
- Flexible and capable of working long hours (in the lead up to the event).
Qualities and Experience:
Proven admin experience with previous event management experience being an advantage.