MP0023: Event Manager
Dubai Lynx International Festival of Creativity is recruiting for an Event Manager. Sister festival to the world renowned Cannes Lions, the festival has been running in Dubai for eleven years and is the leading festival and awards for the advertising communications industry. Well respected and hugely credible, the festival attracts over 2,400 attendees and the awards 1,800.
The festival is a joint venture between Cannes Lions and Motivate publishing and the role is based in Dubai.
We want people to be happy working for Dubai Lynx, we want them to be innovative, we want good communication and customers to be at the heart of what we do.
To support the organisation and delivery of Dubai Lynx to the highest possible standard, forging relationships with partners, suppliers and venues. To lead on the event operations and sponsorship activations as well and be the go to person in the region for information about participating in the festival. Knowledge of working in Dubai is preferred but not essential.
The role is multi –faceted with operations and administration at the heart of it. As well as an ability to understand new concepts and information quickly, and build excellent relationships with clients and suppliers.
- Lead on event operations
- Lead on sponsorship activations
- General office administration
- Recruitment, training and day-to-day management of new staff
- Work with suppliers and contractors to deliver the event
- Ensure critical dates are laid out and assets delivered
- Manage all exhibition stands; lay out the health & safety standards, check stands build adhere to standards etc.
- Work with the Festival Director to fulfil sponsorship packages and deliverables
- Manage the Dubai Lynx Press Conference
- Manage relationships with venues
- Negotiate with suppliers
- Management of the Student Awards & School Competitions; including judging and collating results
- Answer entry and delegate queries
- Manage the entry processing team who process up to 2000 entries
- Manage trophies – stock checks, deliveries and placing orders
Qualities and Experience:
- Proven event management experience
- Good knowledge of b2b events/ festivals
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent eye for detail
- Very strong administration skills
- Process driven
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to work autonomously
- Team player
- Displays leadership
- Enjoys working in events
- Quick learner